DATABASE ADMINISTRATION (DBA)
The capabilities, complexities, and costs associated with relational database management systems (RDBMS) along with their corresponding applications have grown exponentially since E.F. Codd first developed the theory of relational databases at IBM in 1970. For the past 20 years BoxTechs has provided superior database administration (DBA) support to allow our clients to take full advantage of these systems in a productive and cost-effective manner.
We have extensive experience in multiple RDBMS systems on numerous platforms in on-premises, hosted, and cloud environments. We provide full systems support: maintenance (O/S, Application, RDBMS), monitoring, performance tuning, backups, disaster recovery (DR), high availability (HA), patching and upgrades.
|Healthcare||Heavy Manufacturing||Insurance||Light Manufacturing|
|Logistics||Pharmaceuticals||Professional Services||Social Services|
|Oracle 10g/11g/12c||PostgreSQL 9.x/10 – Amazon Redshift||SQL Server 2000-2017|
|Windows Server 2000 – 2016||Amazon Web Services||Microsoft Azure|
Some recent projects include:
- Oracle 22.214.171.124/Linux 64X migration to Postgres 9.5.10/Linux 64x for social services client
- Performance tuning support for SqlServer Azure migration for financial services client
- Oracle 10.2.0.4/MSWin 2008 to Oracle 126.96.36.199/MSWin 2012 for global eye ware manufacturer
- Oracle 12c GRID install/configuration for prisoner inventory management system for regulated Department of Corrections system
- BAAN 188.8.131.52/WIN32 upgrade/migration to 184.108.40.206/WIN64 BAAN for plastics manufacturer
- 8 instance US-EU Data Guard HA implementation for validated pharmaceutical client. Developed enterprise-wide standard DR testing methodology
- Re-coding of custom monitoring application from Linux Bash to Windows PowerShell for global eye ware manufacturer